Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Can my employer block me from doing modified work due to pregnancy? I live in california.?

I am currently pregnant and have been given some restrictions by my doctor. from what I understand it is too early for me to be out on disability, but I am not looking to do that yet, anyways. there are still jobs that I can do with my current restrictions. my employer is telling me that because I cannot do everything they want me to do, they cannot accommodate me and I have been forced to stay at home until the restrictions are adjusted, but I think they're looking for the restrictions to be lifted totally. I know that title VII protects me from being treated differently than anyone with a temporary disability, but can an employer do this even to someone with a temp. disability? this is my third child while working here and I've never had tis problem before.

No comments:

Post a Comment