Sunday, July 17, 2011

Which Messier objects are easiest too see and how do I find them?

Hi Everyone! I love astronomy so much! However, my knowledge is almost entirely in theory: astrophysics (everything from Newton to relativity), magnitudes, objects, even telescope making, however I really don't have much experience with actual OBSERVATION; I've been missing out on discovering the optical beauty of our night sky. I've built a 6" Newt and I have an array of eyepieces, but I always just seem to look at the basics: Saturn, Venus, Vega, Polaris, Jupiter...but I want to see more interesting objects, so my question is which Messier objects (or similar) are easiest to find and see, and how do I actually go about finding them. I've got the theory, now I want to see the theory in the real world. Thanks!!

No comments:

Post a Comment